View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoore2003 View Post
Still on my first BDR. One day I will do a second one. I have an SBF roush 402 SR/TW. I love the torque mid range. Having driven a 99 mustang cobra (4v aluminum), I know you will miss that resonance you get when you wind up those engines. Many things I thought it wanted in a car I will do differently next time. I would go with a mostly blacked out car for ease of maintenance, ie thought I wanted polished wheels and pipes, turns out I think I'd prefer black. I thought I'd want a wooden steering wheel, and I still like it a lot, but I think a blacked out car with leather wrapped wheel would absorb some of the minor harshness transmitted to your hands (maybe my imagination). I think only engine for me would be a coyote xs type engine that I can make scream.
Thanks for your input. It's great to hear both sides of the story when it comes to SBF vs Mod motors. The industry I'm in is driven on technology and change. As much as I appreciate what the SBF offers it seem the coyote offer so many more possibilities. I would be happy with either setup but long term if I really enjoyed the car I know getting 25mpg+ with the potential for a supercharger would be hard to beat. I really enjoy the way my current 03 cobra sounds but I know it would be completely different in BDR due to the different exhaust routing