View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Hi Dan,

Regarding Doug's statement - he was referring to turn-key cars and that they go out the door set at the mid-point - 14 clicks. My front coil-overs came in a box so I just turned them counter-clockwise all the way and then counted out 14 clicks. As I indicated to you, the first one I went through all 28 clicks just to confirm for myself that there were indeed 28 clicks. My car came with the Jag rear pre-assembled but, again, I didn't take for granted that they were adjusted and did the same procedure to make sure they were at 14 clicks.

My Spax documentation suggests starting at 4 clicks and then adjust up in 4 click increments as the ride improves until the adjustment results in a worse ride, then back it down. Keep in mind that these are generic instructions for cars of different weights and suspensions. That's why I went with Doug's recommendation specific to the ERA. I haven't played around with the stiffness partly because the ride seems very good as is and, admittedly, I've been having too much fun driving the car and focusing on other things that need attention.

I'm still not clear on whether your Spax have the same 28 click adjustment? If so, try the mid-point and, if it doesn't feel right, they are easy enough to adjust. I'm sure I'll also get around to it at some point even though the ride feels pretty good to me. Since I haven't tried different settings, maybe what I consider pretty good can get even better...

Let us know what you determine feels good to you.

Kevin