View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
I haven't seen that one on e bay and I look everyday yeah im not really keen on the torana front ends they look very much like the drb in the body as well .don't shoot me drb owners but im not keen on the shape of there cars

keep them coming tho will be a nice bottle of scotch or a carton of ya fav beer if you find me a car and I buy it . must be able to get rego in sa without getting full engineering done again so must have copies of the engineering done on the car when built as it helps with rego down this end
cheers dean
The Homebush actually has a very nice shape. The arse end shot may be a bit deceptive in that listing.

I actually think finding a decent 2nd hand cobra "ready to go" in your budget isnt that easy. Eliminate drb on body shape ( I concur) theres 30-40% out, take out autos, another 20% gone, poorly done non original style interiors, take out 20% of cars (seriously, you can do a good original style interior quite cheap - why people do low budget modern interiors is beyond me), if you take out chevy's theres another 10% gone, way over your budget - take off 40% of advertised cars. Theres 120% of the available cars off the shopping list (My math may be off there )

That said - I reckon the bronze RMC on carsales for 59900 looks a very tidy car. Not a colour I would go but the car does look tidy - ditch the tacky cobra head shifter knob though. A little bit of vomit comes up when I see those. Been for sale for a while now.