Thread: finish line
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Guys,

We are actually starting to catch up. I'm hopeful that by the end of this week most of the existing orders we still have will be on their way.

In the beginning of the sale we refunded all paypal orders for louvers as it seemed far away until they would come and in the last few days we've notified some that they will arrive approx. July 13 - 17 and be ready to ship and have their orders ready to go.

My daughter Dawn will probably be contacting many of you that were refunded to see if you want to be in line to receive them first and then we will open up a pre-sale for the rest of what we will have to sell. We will also have the MR 300 spun aluminum raydots at 50% too but we will somehow fix the website to show this is a pre-sale so everyone knows not to expect them until July. Since we aren't Amazon.com but just grandma, a few grandchildren, a daughter, a brother and a dog we will get it done one way or another.

We have been having a lot of fun, a lot of hard work, a lot of laughs, a lot of bonding and its been great. The feedback and the notes and the friends from all the years touching base has been amazing too. People sharing stories from years ago about Enzo have been great as well. Receiving a picture of Jake from Ralph Button made my day.

Yesterday was the first day since the sale that I actually was only here 3 hours and today I plan on doing that too just to be able to keep going with a positive attitude.

We have such a variance of customers. Friday I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from a small company just as an appreciation of their relationship with us over the years. So unexpected and so nice. Yesterday we had a message on the machine from some one that said that they received the wrong hat and we better make it right. My daughter was very concerned when she gave me the message and said Mom you need to slow down and try harder. I laughed.

Listen I have had emails that I forgot stickers, switches, whatever..........great emails and everyone deserves their order to be correct. All of your dollars are good and you should get what you order and we fix it and usually do extra. I know for example on one of the orders mentioned above that a package went to the wrong guy (two guys with the same name ordered the same day) (that was fun to figure out) but I ended up fixing it and refunding someone over 70 extra in paypal for the wait.........I do try to fix things but if you get the wrong hat and leave me a message that I better fix it, here is how I will fix it. As soon as my daughter tells me the name, you will receive a refund, but I will not send another hat or anything else your way. I read a great great book last year called Rules of Civility and you would not believe how lacking we have become in the common courtesies.

If the doc cuts off the wrong leg during surgery, okay get really upset, if your 9 year old grandson gets cancer, pray to God to help it get fixed, but for the little things people don't lash out. In my mind it doesn't matter how successful you are, how much money you make, how many degrees you have.........but the little acts of kindness show your character. The words left on an answering machine of anger over a hat........well, never mind. It really is true that you catch more flies with honey!! Words that soak into my ears are whispered, not yelled. I laughed also because someone said yesterday if you think you are so powerful try bossing someone else's dog around. Well that dog would be me!!! I am at the age where I can't be pushed that much but you did amuse me some.

We do have lots of stuff left amazingly and Dawn is returning all calls and emails so if you get your package this week and we messed up in anyway, I am happy to make it right and probably give you extra goodies too. Just ask. I am sorry for some of the stuff that ran out of stock quickly.

ps: Correct that we never charge unless something goes out the door. paypal comes through no matter what so until we get to your order can't do anything about it -- never ever knew we would get that many orders and it would take 3weeks but if you had ever ordered from us over the years you would have known you could have trusted us......don't place any new ones if you are on a time constraint.........cuz we're still at 50% and some guys think its worth the wait

Happy Sunday - Paula Alibrandi
Finish Line Accessories