View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Starwolf,
As far as I know the oscillation is a permanent problem with the CR's top. In fact until I read 1795's post I thought all cobras had this problem with the soft top. Lone Star will not even sell a soft top due to the problems at speed. It WILL bust your windshield at speed (?).

"Double Venom" used a 4 Point roll bar. The cross bar replaced the front hoop. It was also 1" higher with an OD of 2 inches. This was a huge improvement over the stock hoops but did not end the problem although much higher speeds were easily obtainable. A final fix I felt comfortable with: Two straps made with velcro fasteners were sewn in by an upholstery shop. About 6"s in from both sides, the velcro was pulled tight around the roll bar. Summary: the tall roll bar pushed the top up tight and with a 2" diameter, then the velcro held it tight to the bar. The center windshield bar was installed.

I only got to test it at 'speed' once- 97.3 mph without a waiver or bobble. At this point I was stopped by one of Ohio's finest and got a serious butt chewing! He knew who I was and that we were donating "DV" to Cystic Fibrosis in less than a week. (DVSF III) .

Not having time to get DV back to Hondas test track, that was my only test before we raffled DV off. My goal was to hit a sustained 110 as MPH which didn't happen. As far as I knew the winner, Chuck Siefke never put the soft top on the car.

DV

Last edited by Double Venom; 08-17-2014 at 07:50 PM..