View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 S/C W/Holmon Moody Original Nascar build #508 Iron Block/heads (C5AE-H) Bal/Blu 427 Sideoiler; 780 Holley Dbl. Pump; 4 Speed Top Loader; AP Racing Bks; IRS; 15" Trigo pins
Not Ranked     

I plan to convert my solid color (red) S/C back to a street version this coming winter. While I love the look of the S/C I grew up in a street version CSX 3116. I have obtained a set of side pipe cut out pieces from ERA & plan to fit & create them to an exacting fit plug/blank in the side pipe cutout locations on my S/C & color match them to the rest of my ride. They will be nut & bolt mounted on the inside of the body & will be removable if I decide to convert back the a S/C version. I have yet to decide on wether I will create a color matching gasket for the blanks or not. I will use custom made alum. blanks for the roll bar; color matched as well. These blanks will operate much like electrical KO (knock out) seals used to plug holes on industrial electrical panels with a backing plate & wing or nyloc nut to hold them into place. I have yet to decide on wether to replace the scooped hood. All in good time I suppose. The main goal is to install the under car exhaust with electric cutouts and the above listed mods this winter. The nice thing about this conversion is that I will be able to convert back to an S/C version in a afternoon if I so desire. But I must admit, I am looking forward to being able to carry on a simi-normal conversation or not need ear plugs during a long cruse; and yet still be able to set off car alarms via the flip of a switch if I so desire!