View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Proud owner of Backdraft #1609
Not Ranked     
Default Newbie Here.....

hello, my name is Zeke. First time poster.
A little bit about myself, I am 54 years old and have always been a Cobra admirer. I've loved these cars ever since my teens. I've just never actually thought that I would ever have a chance to buy one, until now. I am about to pay off my house "yay," and what better time to consider purchasing one of these cars! I have never owned any type of hot rod ever. I am no car nut or mechanic by any means but I understand the basics and realize that these are very dangerous if driven wrong. But I am not crazy and I just would like a new toy to show off and maybe take to shows.

Currently I live in Northern PA. Cobras are rare here. That's what I love about them! There's maybe 1 in the whole county. I guess that's why I don't know a lot about them. Thank god that I found this website, because Back Draft Cobras are what I was interested in. Last week believe it or not I drove to Edgewater, NJ @ Jonathon Motorcars(250 miles away) and they allowed me to ride in one. The Backdraft Cobra that I rode in was Indigo Blue with pearl white stripes and it had the Iconic 427 in it. All I can say is WOW, that was the fastest car that I have ever ridden in. I now know that I am HOOKED! It does kind of scare me that I have to go in dept again in order to buy my dream car, but oh well. I told the guy at Jonathon Motorcars that when and if I do buy one, that I would get the Blue matched with the Roush 427, he then gave me a quick quote of $62000 and he was doing everything in his power to get me to put $$ down to order. I left without ordering because I think that I need to research these a little before blowing the big wad. Again my name is Zeke and I would appreciate any kind of advice any of you have to offer. Thanks in advance!