View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 11:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     
Default Breakign down EFI options

Over the winter it looks like I may be making some changes to my motor. I have a dart block 427 windsor and I understand that in the future if I ever were to consider fuel injection that my motor would need an appropriate camshaft ect. I'm local to FAST in Memphis TN so I have been reading quite a few articles and trying to feel my way through the options and educate myself. Looking for any experiences that people may have had. The interest in EFI would be to improve the streetability of the car......throttle response, cranking, MPG......nothing out of the ordinary.

*TB setup such as FAST EZ-EFI-2.0- this seems to be the least expensive option but does look like it has alot of options and would probably suite the needs of the majority. I'm not really sold on the self learning aspect.

*Multi-Port with FAST XFI- I don't seem to find as much information on these setups but it appears this is a do it all setup. Price is higher than the throttle body EFI setup. This system looks like it can do either the self learning or self tuning. When does one make the jump from a EFI throttle body setup to a multi-port and what does it offer?

*Inglese style stack injection- I think this is only offered with the FAST EZ-EFI-2.0 but maybe the FAST XFI is an option. Is this basically a multi-port setup wrapped up in a cool vintage look?