Thread: Bad Starter
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
Patrick,
Concerning this wire. I read somewhere else in the from that you installed another ground wire from the manifold to this same location as the black wire. Was that in addition to the black wire or instead?
As far as doing this test, was that with the car running and progressively turning on all the accessories one by one and you watch your amperage grow the more you turned on.
OK,. so I only have a multi-meter, no inductive ammeter. Can I just break the connection and run it thru the multimeter to get the reading?
Thanks...Dave
That strap was a supplemental ground that was in addition to the black ERA ground wire. Yes, I turned on my lights and fans and then measured the current running through that wire and it seemed a bit high. You can not just disconnect the wire and run it in series with your multimeter unless you have a very special multimeter that will measure higher amperage. Most multimeters can only measure very tiny amounts of current that way.