View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 08:38 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
This is why we have endless threads on this topic. A large portion of the Cobra kit car owners can't put their ego in check. They spent money on a Cobra kit car but they don't want anyone calling it a kit car. Be it Evan who calls himself REAL1 or a Kirkham or any of the other kits. Egos get it the way. They are kit cars. No matter what you think of the car you own, if it wasn't made in the 60s, its kit car. You can embellish that any way you like to feed your ego, but it won't change the facts.

Evan has found his salvation in the SAAC Registry. You need to find yours in something else. But no matter what you say, when the guy asks if its real, unless its a 60s Cobra, he will walk away disappointed that he is only looking at a kit car. Get over it or sell the car.

Now Evan will let us know that they don't walk away disappointed. He has convinced himself that they walk away in awe that they saw a genuine Shelby Cobra. Good for him. He has found a way to satisfy his ego. But when the guy turns around and walks away with his friend or son, they will look at each other and simultaneously say 'kit car'.
PaulF: Very good post as to the first paragraph. Except as to me, I once again I don't care about the term "Kit" or "replica" that's a red herring to me. Maybe you care about it but I don't. Further I need to clarify with regard to the balance. I don't care what the guy with his son say when they walk away. Couldn't care less really. I don't know if they really walk away disappointed and actually neither do you in every case. But I can tell you more often then not the smiles and picture taking seem to indicate they are not disappointed. In the end, however, the only thing important to me is what I think of my car.

Further, the Registry hasn't provided me "salvation". Factually, didn't need SAAC to tell me what my car is and the fact my car is a Shelby Cobra or genuine Shelby Cobra. Its just factually what it is and legally what it is. The World Registry just affirms this. It's actually you guys that need to find salvation in the fact you don't own "Cobras" but merely copies of one. Truth hurts. Just say'n.

Cheers.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-22-2015 at 09:19 AM..