28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree268Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Give that man a cigar!
Now we have the blow hard blowing harder
You two are perfect together. The blind leading the blind.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post
I was talking to a guy with a 1968 Corvette vert who was thinking about selling his vette and getting a Cobra. He was trying to get a feel for the differences between the Cobra and his vette and we were talking pros and cons.

One of down sides of owning a Cobra we talking about is the stupid effing hierarchy of Cobra brands and marketing semantics some in this community are fixated on. He can take his Corvette anywhere and never have to deal with that crap. I've dealt with it more than a few times now and it blows. Some idiot runs down to Hillbank, signs a check, and drives off with a nice Superformance, and suddenly I'm a second class car guy in his mind? Yea eat me. And don't get me started about the guy with the aluminum bodied continuation who I run into occasionally. Ironically the folks with the originals who I've run into have all been very complimentary and cool. Go figure

All that being said, if you think the Cobra community is bad about this you should see how the Ford Model A crowd is.

Mario
Hey, I'm complimentary and cool. I even went on "FFR Cobra" run with my friend who owns a FFR in June.

I've met owners of original cars that were great and some that were pompous a$$es.

I didn't know Spf guys could be "blow hards" too. Hmmm. Learn something every day.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post

He can take his Corvette anywhere and never have to deal with that crap.
Mario

Wrong... I believe all car "makes" have pissing contest. Had a 66 BB Vette back in the early 70s. Drag raced the hell out of it. Club had 2 or 3 track days. !! It was great till the BS started.. Oh an the "show an shiners". MY car bla bla bla bla.. I was also into Buick GNs from 85/now.. Same old crap there. I believe the Shelby guys started 73/74.. It was a food chain with 427 Cobras at the top.

BUT today I drove my CSX 4000 car almost 200 miles with a big grin on my face. Bottom line ya have what ya can afford. Who cares.. oh my # plate is "CSX-2". Had an original one in the 70's an now this one.

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 09-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue66 View Post
Wrong... I believe all car "makes" have pissing contest. Had a 66 BB Vette back in the early 70s. Drag raced the hell out of it. Club had 2 or 3 track days. !! It was great till the BS started.. Oh an the "show an shiners". MY car bla bla bla bla.. I was also into Buick GNs from 85/now.. Same old crap there. I believe the Shelby guys started 73/74.. It was a food chain with 427 Cobras at the top.

BUT today I drove my CSX 4000 car almost 200 miles with a big grin on my face. Bottom line ya have what ya can afford. Who cares.. oh my # plate is "CSX-2". Had an original one in the 70's an now this one.
Your plate says what!!!! You had an original one in the 60's and now "this one". Very diplomatically stated. Don't want to ruffle any feathers here.

However you are still a fake phony and fraud !!!! You are intentionally misleading the poor public with that plate. OMG man! Take that plate off in the name of real Cobras everywhere!

Around here you have what you can afford and if you can't afford what someone else here has why then just tear it down.

P.S. How is it you are driving a Cobra 200 miles on Monday. Retired right? Lucky dog. ; )

I did 120 miles today but back and forth to the Ocean County Superior Court in my DD.

Hmmm, some guys have all the luck.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-21-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Old 09-21-2015, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI FIA, 289HP (5-bolt), 48IDA Webers
Not Ranked     

Hmmm

Bait the hook, cast the line into the water and what do you expect..........the bobber starts bouncing and pretty soon disappears as the hook is set into the poor fish that swallows it! If you don't want to go fishing, don't cast the line!
Old 09-21-2015, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I was thinking of creating a new topic on a subject like this. Thanks for doing it for me.

Now, sociologists, have you noticed how the flies have moved from the other dead horse to this one?
Old 09-21-2015, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Sorry, I said 5 or 6 posts after, it was only 2, what a DOUCHE... and I don't even have to mention who it is...
Old 09-21-2015, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

I don't believe it has anything to do with the car you drive but everything to do with the a$$ behind the wheel...We have them in all segments...the key is not to give them a forum (no pun intended)for them to work their BS.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue66 View Post
I find this ridiculous on so many levels.

An orignal small block CSX designation on a big block replica? I'm guessing that all the personalized license plates with Buick GN serial numbers were taken for your CSX4000?
Old 09-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Around here you have what you can afford and if you can't afford what someone else here has why then just tear it down.
Some of the wealthiest people in the world prefer Kirkhams over Shelbys. I don't have Larry Ellison's cell number, but I believe he bought a Kirkham.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Now, sociologists, have you noticed how the flies have moved from the other dead horse to this one?
If I'm being compared to a fly, then can I be The Superfly
Old 09-21-2015, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post

An orignal small block CSX designation on a big block replica? I'm guessing that all the personalized license plates with Buick GN serial numbers were taken for your CSX4000?
I think he's saying he owned an original 2XXX series leaf spring in the 70's and now owns a 4XXX series car.
Larry
Jaydee likes this.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

The thing that leaves a bad vibe in my mind is when someone says kit car. Some say it because that's what the very early cars were called in magazine's and some some say it as a put down. None of the cars today should be called kit cars. I think of a Volkswagen with a body on it when I hear the term kit car. if someone builds a 1932 Ford with fiberglass body on it, it's not called kit car? Any of the cobra cars to day are high performance machines. I also understand it's called the Trump Tower, not that he built it with his own hands, but it was his vision and money that put it up so it's called the Trump Tower no XYZ Construction Tower. Same logic would apply to Shelby and later cobras. I have Shelby and Bennett cobra and get tired of confusion by general public and those who say kit car with negative tone when telling their friends about my car or any cobra. Don't know how to change public opinion except to try to explain to those who want really are interested as best as I can. I think everyone on club cobra dislikes kit car as much as I do. Don't know why there is division between 1960 era, 4000 cars, Kirkham, E.R.A., Superformance, ect, but its there. Maybe it's the same with 1932 Ford metal body and fiberglass body guys but I think they keep it more to themselves I don't know. FWIW IMHO
Old 09-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
I think he's saying he owned an original 2XXX series leaf spring in the 70's and now owns a 4XXX series car.
Larry
Yes, I'm aware of that. But his license plate for his CSX4000 is "CSX2XXX." Thats the ridiculous part.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by razerwire View Post
The thing that leaves a bad vibe in my mind is when someone says kit car. Some say it because that's what the very early cars were called in magazine's and some some say it as a put down. None of the cars today should be called kit cars. I think of a Volkswagen with a body on it when I hear the term kit car. if someone builds a 1932 Ford with fiberglass body on it, it's not called kit car? Any of the cobra cars to day are high performance machines. I also understand it's called the Trump Tower, not that he built it with his own hands, but it was his vision and money that put it up so it's called the Trump Tower no XYZ Construction Tower. Same logic would apply to Shelby and later cobras. I have Shelby and Bennett cobra and get tired of confusion by general public and those who say kit car with negative tone when telling their friends about my car or any cobra. Don't know how to change public opinion except to try to explain to those who want really are interested as best as I can. I think everyone on club cobra dislikes kit car as much as I do. Don't know why there is division between 1960 era, 4000 cars, Kirkham, E.R.A., Superformance, ect, but its there. Maybe it's the same with 1932 Ford metal body and fiberglass body guys but I think they keep it more to themselves I don't know. FWIW IMHO
But for the Cobras manufactured in the 1960's and the 1980's MKIV's, they're all kit cars. And they're all replicas.

Everyone repeat after me. Everything will be OK.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of that. But his license plate for his CSX4000 is "CSX2XXX." Thats the ridiculous part.
It's not CSX2XXX.. It's CSX-2. This is my second one. Both big block cars. 3000 and a 4000 Should I see if I can get CSX#2 ??? Would that be better ? It was just a personal thing I wanted with the CSX car. We have had a lot of Shelby cars since the early 70s. This one I just get in it and drive !! It goes everywhere. Glass car to boot. Hey I drive a 1/2 mile on a dirt road to the lake house.
Ok continue on

Ok got to thinking. My 4000 car was sold as a complete roller. Add a BB an trans and away ya go. My original one we did all over. So does that mean it was home built ?? ;-)

Now ... The dogs car

Last edited by Blue66; 09-21-2015 at 11:36 PM..
Old 09-21-2015, 11:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Some of the wealthiest people in the world prefer Kirkhams over Shelbys.
Some cheapskates too...

Meanwhile a horse walks into a bar....
Old 09-22-2015, 12:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Your "assuming" it was a small block car.. The Buick V6 turbo drivetrain almost ended up in a 4000 car. But just don't have the time or ambition now. Plus it would prob make it to fast

Now ... The dogs car
Old 09-22-2015, 08:10 AM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by razerwire View Post
The thing that leaves a bad vibe in my mind is when someone says kit car.
This is why we have endless threads on this topic. A large portion of the Cobra kit car owners can't put their ego in check. They spent money on a Cobra kit car but they don't want anyone calling it a kit car. Be it Evan who calls himself REAL1 or a Kirkham or any of the other kits. Egos get it the way. They are kit cars. No matter what you think of the car you own, if it wasn't made in the 60s, its kit car. You can embellish that any way you like to feed your ego, but it won't change the facts.

Evan has found his salvation in the SAAC Registry. You need to find yours in something else. But no matter what you say, when the guy asks if its real, unless its a 60s Cobra, he will walk away disappointed that he is only looking at a kit car. Get over it or sell the car.

Now Evan will let us know that they don't walk away disappointed. He has convinced himself that they walk away in awe that they saw a genuine Shelby Cobra. Good for him. He has found a way to satisfy his ego. But when the guy turns around and walks away with his friend or son, they will look at each other and simultaneously say 'kit car'.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:30 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Sorry, I said 5 or 6 posts after, it was only 2, what a DOUCHE... and I don't even have to mention who it is...
Going through life hurling invectives at others will get you no where son. Those who can't articulate their position rationally and logically normally resort to name calling. Perfect example. Just like a 5 year old. Ouch!!

Jhv48: Is this the guy your were referring as to personal insults?