View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
Evan, you persist in banging the same tired old drum. In a Cobra, Shelby DNA means nothing absent AC Cars DNA, other than to illustrate that the car must be a recreation. And the argument that anything following job #1 on an assembly line is a copy is hackneyed and trite. Surely you can do better. That your car is a copy is not being debated, but a copy of what? The recreation that preceded it.
Funny, the drum I am banging is the Registry drum published by your club and sold in the hundreds maybe "thousands"???. Your proposition holds true only for the original series Ned. Registry makes that crystal clear. No question my car copies the design and specification of the original series. It would have to to be a "Cobra" now wouldn't it and to continue the production in new series? It's not an original Ned. No debate there. No argument. Not arguing it is. Originals are still the most coveted and revered as they should be and I love the originals as without them and Carroll my second gen Shelby Cobra wouldn't exist. In fact neither would your COX. I am appreciative of that and as with most Continuation owners we revere the original cars and no one is trying to pass of Continuation Cobras as originals or muscle in on their territory. (well except maybe one guy in PA who is an aberration of Continuation owners) But give fair due and respect due that should be given. That respect is backed by the World Registry. That's all. The new Cobras help carry on the interest and love for the original series and make them more available to enthusiasts who can't afford the millions for an original series. I think this helps maintain values as it perpetuates interest in these cars.

Of course the illustration that anything following CSX2000 is a copy is hackneyed and trite. It was tongue and cheek there Ned.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-13-2015 at 11:17 AM..