View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 09:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemath777 View Post
Hi Guys...
I'm building an old GForce kit. I have Jag front and rear already in. Perfect fit...
I have dropped in a 302efi from a NC Fairlane but I have an issue. Firstly I will to remove original gearbox mount put in by force to help locate and lower g/box. But my issue is the egi manifold. My bonnet won't clear. It hit the manifold right where the ECG valve is...I need about 50mm of clearance to close bonnet properly. Even though when I eventually lower gearbox into correct position this still won't clear properly. Can anyone she'd some light on this... any elbows I could use. Anything?
I put this plenum into my GT40 because of the same sort of issue you are having with your cobra, the top part of the manifold plenum section is too tall,wide and ugly IMHO. This set up works really well with the standard manifold on the 5.0L Windsors and gives you more than 100mm clearance from the standard manifold that you have now. You can just re-use your std throttle body and problem solved, no engine mount changes, or stuffing around with elbows etc..
Regards
Wil
Attached Images

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net

Last edited by ICCARS; 05-27-2016 at 05:19 PM..