View Single Post
Old 05-13-2002, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner of both Superformance #2666 Roush 427IR and Superformance #1601 Ford Crate 460CI - 486 HP 510 ft\lbs TQ
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks!- and a foolish question...

Thanks for all the reponses! Blue Thunder's website is www.bluethunderauto.com for anyone else interested.
A few more questions: Do you have to run 600's? Making a comment about gas mileage in this thread seems absurd but it seems that 1200 CFM on a relatively "Stock" 460 would be a bit over carbed considering that many people run a single 850 on their 460. (If I can keep from sending extra fuel out the pipes and therefore $ out of my wallet I'd like to...) Can you run twin 450's Holleys instead? Do they have the same physical outside dimensions as the 600's or are they a completely different style of Carb that would not fit on the manifold? How much work and cost is involved in porting the intake to match the Cobra jet heads that come on the 460/535 crate motor? Lastly anyone who hasn't taken a look at the Picture of the twin 4bbl set up SFfiredog posted in another thread on this forum needs to do so! Absolutely beautiful! Here's a link to the photo...

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...oneeng-med.JPG

Thanks again,

JB