View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
That's called an OPINION. And I think most sane people, even those on the ganja, would prefer the FGT. I certainly would, because: 1) the FGT is not a kit car and requires no special laws or exemptions in order to be smogged, registered and legally driven on roads, 2) they were produced in a limited number with only a small percentage still remaining in existence due to accidents, 3) the FGT has windows that roll up and down and are far more comfortable to drive, 4) the FGT is faster, if that swings your pendulum and 5) the FGT has appreciated considerably from their MSRP and will continue to appreciate over the long haul.

IMO, your SPF GT40 is worth less to me, and most in the resale market, because it has a $20,000+ 302/4bbl, which 99.99% would have to pull out and rebuild since no one, but no one, would ever build a 302/4bbl and drop into an SPF GT40.

DE--LU--SION--AL.
Hi Guys,
I just thought I would jump in on this thread being an owner of an RF GT40 here in OZ, I can attest to what MHNCO is saying, as I have been at plenty of car gatherings with some big dollar "Super Cars" including the Ford GT and when I drive my GT40 replica in, almost everyone will stop, stare and come ask questions as soon as the door is opened - it's something I can't explain other than to say that the Iconic status of the GT40 is greater due to the history surrounding the Lemans victories back in the late 60's..
Here's a couple of shots of my Twin Turbo GT40..
Cheers
Wil
Attached Images

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net

Last edited by ICCARS; 07-27-2016 at 10:17 PM..