View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#499 351W with Webers
Not Ranked     

spdbreak, yes I am using this diagram and you are correct the diagram does show the starter relay as going to ground off of pin 86, but the car is wired with pin 86 daisy-chained at every relay, including the starter relay to the ignition switch. I am pretty sure the drawing is backwards for that relay.

I have continuity (dead short .04 ohms) at each wire off of pin 86 at each relay (relays removed). I pulled the pins (86) out of the relay blocks prior to checking. I also checked the wiring from the start switch wire to pin 86 and have continuity.

I still have power at pin 30 of the horn relay with the batt cut off switch on, but not at the ignition switch (batt cut off side). The wires fried between the horn, starter and Fan #1 relays at pin 30 (high current). None of the wires off of the coil side (pin 86) suffered any damage on any relay.

I have looked at all the wiring I can see under the dash and haven’t found anything. It’s strange to me that there isn’t an inline fuse of some sort on the high current feed side (pin 30) of these relays between the batt cut off and relay block. I guess I’ll just have to trace both the high and low current sides back to the batt cut off and ignition switch and see if I can find a short.