View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVS View Post
Digging up an old post: where can I find information about the various generations of Everett-Morrison chassis? It appears they are currently on generation 4. I am looking at a used E-M which has a Mustang II IFS and a Jaguar IRS. My neighbor is also interested, as he is the 3rd owner of an E-M which uses the 4th generation Corvette (C4) front and rear suspension. I was not able to find historical information on the current Everett-Morrison website.
Everett-Morrison began when Buford Everett purchased an original mold of the Cobra and tooling for the Chevrolet Cheetah from Dean Morrison in 1983 in Chicago.

From the beginning, the company introduced innovations that would make the new kit more responsive, powerful, and yet reasonable to construct with a minimum of tooling.The first five years saw the new car move from its original solid rear axle to independent suspension using first Corvette and then Jaguar XKE rear drive packages.

The original front end used A frames with a single shock and king pins, as was the case with the Corvette. The 1990’s saw the introduction of the coil over suspension and increased wheelbase from 90 inches to 93 and then to 96 inches. New powerplants made of aluminum were added as were race proven transmissions. Then, in 2002, E-M began the redesign of the entire vehicle. First designing a completely new tubular and ladder frame made of stainless steel and then simplifying the process of moulding the fiberglas bodies and panels.

Abandoning the previously used “chopper gun” sprayed fiberglass spray methods, Everett-Morrison then introduced hand laid cross strand fiberglass construction and in 2003 the newest GENERATION IV was completed. 2005 and 2006 saw more improvements in interiors now made with UltraLeather as an option to real leather, and increased foot room for driver and passenger. Brakes were increased in size to 13 inches diameter vented discs and two piston aluminum calipers in front and 11 inch vented discs with single piston calipers in the rear.

The History Behind our Roadster | Everett-Morrison Motorcars

Based upon the above it appears you may have a Generation 3 car. Your neighbour's car with Corvette suspension would be earlier, not later. Generation 4 cars have stainless steel frames, so they're easy to identify.

If you're looking for more detail, perhaps someone on CC can provide it, but the best may be to contact E-M: Powerful, Innovative Cobra Kit Cars | Everett-Morrison Motorcars