Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TiernanEM
  • 1 Post By mwy1205

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Buying an Everett-Morrison

I am about to buy an Everett-Morrison used complete kit car with a 5.0 Cobra engine. Can someone tell me about the relative quality of this kit versus other brands like FF or Superperformance? Thanks Ron
Old 08-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 427 Top Oiler stroked to 482 by KC, Stage 2 heads, a Quikfuel and Voila, 640 hp
Not Ranked     

I like mine. I've had it for 6 years. I think they're under rated and have the best quality fiberglass of any replica made. But then I might be biased

Tim

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

I've had mine since 2000 and it was built in 1988...Great as far as I'm concerned, on and off road....
Old 08-25-2009, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 429CI
Not Ranked     

I have an E-M that I bought partially completed. The components that are a basic part of their kit in my opinion are of excellent quality. The fiberglass is great and the tubular frame is very rigid. Regardless of the replica manufacturer, the quality will be determined by the parts and workmanship that go into finishing the project. The individual I bought mine from placed emphasis on cosmetics and trailered the car to shows. The brakes were terrible and the transmission leaked and the shifter would lock in gear. Fortunately, the engine runs great (I talked to the shop that built it). Finally, from a price perspective, I bought it right, so the money I've spent subsequently fixing things hasn't gotten me in too deep. I hope I've given you some points to consider in your decision.

Last edited by Chaplain; 08-25-2009 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: my spelling sucks
Old 08-25-2009, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

I agree with Chaplain it's not always the manufacturer's fault that there is a problem it can usually be tracked down to the assembler of said kit.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E&M FE Stroker, tremec 3550,
Send a message via MSN to Parksparky
Not Ranked     
Default My E & M

I found a rolling chassis setting under a tarp, early E&M about 1993 and after going over it totally from brakes to radiator I find it to be an excellent product. Very strong frame, easy to work with. Mine now has a well worked FE stroker and all the right stuff right down to the tremec 3550. I am ready for the body and final trim. E&M was not too helpful when I called, faxed and emailed. Maybe the new location in Texas and new owners haven't quite gotten a grasp on things yet. Anybody out there purchase from E&M recently?
Old 10-18-2009, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Parksparky for the life of me I can not remember where. Maybe Craigslist. Someone had a EM body for sale never used. I saw the ad about 2 weeks ago.

Ralphy

Last edited by Ralphy; 10-18-2009 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: Added last sentence
Old 10-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile E-m

I owned one a few years back and I have have worked on 3 or 4 in the last five years. Had one in my shop two weeks ago. They are good cars. The kit is high quality. One had a 8.8 rear end and the others had 9". All build in the early 90's.

Like Chaplain and RustBob said, it's who build the car.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking for an Arntz/Butler, Contemporary Classic, ERA or Superformance Cobra
Not Ranked     

Digging up an old post: where can I find information about the various generations of Everett-Morrison chassis? It appears they are currently on generation 4. I am looking at a used E-M which has a Mustang II IFS and a Jaguar IRS. My neighbor is also interested, as he is the 3rd owner of an E-M which uses the 4th generation Corvette (C4) front and rear suspension. I was not able to find historical information on the current Everett-Morrison website.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVS View Post
Digging up an old post: where can I find information about the various generations of Everett-Morrison chassis? It appears they are currently on generation 4. I am looking at a used E-M which has a Mustang II IFS and a Jaguar IRS. My neighbor is also interested, as he is the 3rd owner of an E-M which uses the 4th generation Corvette (C4) front and rear suspension. I was not able to find historical information on the current Everett-Morrison website.
Everett-Morrison began when Buford Everett purchased an original mold of the Cobra and tooling for the Chevrolet Cheetah from Dean Morrison in 1983 in Chicago.

From the beginning, the company introduced innovations that would make the new kit more responsive, powerful, and yet reasonable to construct with a minimum of tooling.The first five years saw the new car move from its original solid rear axle to independent suspension using first Corvette and then Jaguar XKE rear drive packages.

The original front end used A frames with a single shock and king pins, as was the case with the Corvette. The 1990’s saw the introduction of the coil over suspension and increased wheelbase from 90 inches to 93 and then to 96 inches. New powerplants made of aluminum were added as were race proven transmissions. Then, in 2002, E-M began the redesign of the entire vehicle. First designing a completely new tubular and ladder frame made of stainless steel and then simplifying the process of moulding the fiberglas bodies and panels.

Abandoning the previously used “chopper gun” sprayed fiberglass spray methods, Everett-Morrison then introduced hand laid cross strand fiberglass construction and in 2003 the newest GENERATION IV was completed. 2005 and 2006 saw more improvements in interiors now made with UltraLeather as an option to real leather, and increased foot room for driver and passenger. Brakes were increased in size to 13 inches diameter vented discs and two piston aluminum calipers in front and 11 inch vented discs with single piston calipers in the rear.

The History Behind our Roadster | Everett-Morrison Motorcars

Based upon the above it appears you may have a Generation 3 car. Your neighbour's car with Corvette suspension would be earlier, not later. Generation 4 cars have stainless steel frames, so they're easy to identify.

If you're looking for more detail, perhaps someone on CC can provide it, but the best may be to contact E-M: Powerful, Innovative Cobra Kit Cars | Everett-Morrison Motorcars
Old 09-08-2016, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 434 cid
Not Ranked     

The type of suspension only tells 1/2 the story. E-M added suspension options over the years as well as refining and upgrading other areas of their product. Just prior to introducing the Gen 4, which was a complete redesign, you could order choice of wheelbase, live axle, 5-link, Vette, or Jag suspension. The car would have all of the current updates and refinements while being referred to as a Gen 3.

Last edited by scottj; 09-08-2016 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: 4th suspension option
Old 09-08-2016, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #272, 351W
Not Ranked     

I was looking seriously at a older EM (Not sure the generation, but had to be early and with a rectangular frame) with a 302 and 8.8" rear end that was on consignment. Finally drove it (with no brakes on that day) and there was just too much wrong with it (beside the brakes). Body and paint were fantastic, but interior was worn out (accentuated by the fact it was tan) and all the chrome bits were pitted and needed replaced, noisy front end, tired motor, etc, etc. etc. If I would have had a shop (I live in a condo now), I might would have pulled the trigger and just fixed everything up for a year or so. Problem is, I would have certainly spent over the $12K extra that I ended up scraping together and putting into my Backdraft (w/a 351W) that I eventually bought. Very different cars yes, but I had to think about value, resale and lack of my own repair facility. The EM would never be worth close to what I would have had to put into it, and even for an older Backdraft, I've had very few issues, some minor maintenance stuff like steering boots & fluid flushes, but nothing major and it pulls hard! Also, I'm 5'8" on a good day, and even I had trouble getting in and out of the EM (90"WB). The extra 2" may not be original spec, but its almost necessary. Not trying to flame EM or their owners, I love the EM's, just relaying my own buying experience and choice. I honestly think they are one of the most authentic looking replicas out there. The company has been around forever (although new owner now), and with the new 4" SS tubular chassis, they've made a major improvement. I also believe they have even made a 3" stretch since the one I looked at. Just weigh all of the options carefully and pick which is right for you and your situation.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking for an Arntz/Butler, Contemporary Classic, ERA or Superformance Cobra
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the chassis background information: I appreciate it.
Another question: is the lineage known of which Cobra Everett-Morrison used to create their body molds?
Old 11-11-2016, 05:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

GVS,

Fred Gimbel, Autovision, is an expert on the various E-Ms; he probably has built as many as anyone (including mine) and could probably give you the info you'd want: services

My E-M has a body from Power Performance - installed and finished by Fred - it is exact to the earlier E-M specs. Their web site is: Power Performance

There's a phone number at the bottom but the web site appears empty, so I don't have any idea whether they're still active.

Hope this helps...

Tom
Old 11-12-2016, 03:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Everett-Morrison began when Buford Everett purchased an original mold of the Cobra and tooling for the Chevrolet Cheetah from Dean Morrison in 1983 in Chicago.
Original Cobras had no mold and the E-M body is definitely not splashed from the original body shape. The height and perky orientation of the rear section makes it far more likely that it was splashed from a Contemporary body like several other brands including Superformance who mistakenly bought into the often repeated lie that Contemporary was (some still say "is") "the most accurate replica".

E-M was on my shortlist along with Unique and ERA many years ago when I was living in Canada and I loved the solid bodywork, the beautifully rugged round tube frame and the extensive menu of suspension options.

I did a lot of research and the Everetts at the time were very responsive and helpful, unlike ERA who growled over the phone at me "We don't take plastic!" when I called to ask if I could purchase manuals and info to help with my decision - No internet websites at the time and I didn't know that Peter and the boys were building all they cared to handle and had no compunctions about running off potential customers who pissed them off with pesky questions .

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 11-12-2016 at 03:20 AM..
Old 08-03-2021, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison - 351 Windsor
Not Ranked     

I just purchased a 20 year old Gen 3 E-M 427 S/C, with a 96" wheelbase from the original owner/builder of the car. I've been looking for a Cobra for 3 years and then through a fellow Cars & Coffee member found this car for sale. After researching E-M I was very impressed with the company and when I saw the car, very impressed with the body and frame. After a few M&R repairs and replacement of the 20 year old, looked good as new tires, I'm really enjoying the car. Last car show spectators and show participant accolades about the car, I'm really glad I chose E-M

Last edited by mwy1205; 08-03-2021 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: left out some info and mis-spellings
Old 08-17-2021, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwy1205 View Post
I just purchased a 20 year old Gen 3 E-M 427 S/C, with a 96" wheelbase from the original owner/builder of the car. I've been looking for a Cobra for 3 years and then through a fellow Cars & Coffee member found this car for sale. After researching E-M I was very impressed with the company and when I saw the car, very impressed with the body and frame. After a few M&R repairs and replacement of the 20 year old, looked good as new tires, I'm really enjoying the car. Last car show spectators and show participant accolades about the car, I'm really glad I chose E-M
I absolutely love to hear this!! Please don't hesitate to call or email if you need anything from us. -Tiernan
BobC likes this.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison - 351 Windsor
Not Ranked     
Smile Everett-Morrison Series III - Customer support Fantastic

Just want to give kudo's to E-M customer support. These guy's are very busy, but make the time to call me and/or email me back with advice and help upgrading/updating my 1967 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C replica.

Kudo's to you E-M.
BobC likes this.