View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 03:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Everett-Morrison began when Buford Everett purchased an original mold of the Cobra and tooling for the Chevrolet Cheetah from Dean Morrison in 1983 in Chicago.
Original Cobras had no mold and the E-M body is definitely not splashed from the original body shape. The height and perky orientation of the rear section makes it far more likely that it was splashed from a Contemporary body like several other brands including Superformance who mistakenly bought into the often repeated lie that Contemporary was (some still say "is") "the most accurate replica".

E-M was on my shortlist along with Unique and ERA many years ago when I was living in Canada and I loved the solid bodywork, the beautifully rugged round tube frame and the extensive menu of suspension options.

I did a lot of research and the Everetts at the time were very responsive and helpful, unlike ERA who growled over the phone at me "We don't take plastic!" when I called to ask if I could purchase manuals and info to help with my decision - No internet websites at the time and I didn't know that Peter and the boys were building all they cared to handle and had no compunctions about running off potential customers who pissed them off with pesky questions .

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 11-12-2016 at 03:20 AM..