View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #509, 347 S
Not Ranked     

spdbrake

Mine is an Aluminum frame. I've given thought to switching to chrome over brass... but I've read various pros & cons regarding same (just enough both ways to get me to an analysis paralysis stage) and... it's my understanding it's not a direct replacement... there is some fabrication involved... but WHAT kind of fabrication is unclear. Would you happen to be familiar with what needs to be done for a conversion?

I agree with your sentiments regarding shipping. The PolyGlass vendor provided me with a good "rule of thumb" for measuring the glass w/o removing it from the frame just yet. I haven't had a chance to try it... been busy w/ the season... but the windshield issue is always on my mind. If I measure & it's close... what you're suggesting will be my next step.

Hoping to have new glass by this Spring... and am about to give up on BDR Parts as my source for a windshield... and having to call them every 3 weeks for an update. I'm a little surprised they don't take down my info... heck... let me place the order and put money on the table... and when the windshield I need arrives... send it out to me. I suggested that once... and the response was... "It would be better if you just called us back every 3 weeks". Initially... I was surprised that would be their customer service approach... but now... 6 months later... I guess they knew there would be issues all along.