View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 06:58 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJ View Post
Much appreciated. I've really not assessed how many cars (particularly ERA) in the marketplace over the past few years have 60s titles. Has it been increasingly difficult to title any replica as a 60s vehicle?

Also, even if I bought a car from out of state that has a 60s title, is there a legit risk of PA not honoring?

Thanks!
If you are buying a previously titled car, you have a 95% chance of PA accepting the title from out of state.

Forget about the "vintage" vs "non vintage" title in PA, the enhanced inspection is actually the way to go.

Also, you might want to add your town name in your profile, as there may be "cobra friendly" local garages and or members in your area that can assist either way you go, yet you'll never know because of your lack of location.

As a perfect example, I was assisting someone on one of the cobra forums several years ago, we had gone back and forth for over 3 weeks assisting him with getting ready for his title process. He was highly concerned with this, and his anxiety level was a 10+. When he finally had reached the point of exploding (his head, not the car), we found out where he lived, and lo and behold, there was another member in the same town, pointed him to the right inspection station and local notary shop, and he was in and out in a few days, had his paperwork completed, his inspection completed, and his car on the road that much faster.

Balls in your court

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS