View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I've transported several cars over the past years, and transportation cost from coast-to-coast is about $1,000-$1,500.
In late September, 2016, The best quote I could get to move a "starting and driving" car from St Louis to Phoenix, in a fully enclosed hauler, was $1800 ...

The next time I need a car transported, I'm going to be calling on you to book my waybill for me, hahaha

Every shipper asked me: "is it a kit car?" and "does it have an engine?" - They all wanted to jack the transport rate up another 500-600 bucks if the car was a non-running roller.

My best quote to get a bare fiberglass Mr Bruce body from Pittsburgh to Phoenix was $1200

Fair points about the aluminum body...

Is it worth it to pay the extra shipping on an ERA kit, versus a Hurricane or a Unique? To an ERA owner, I guess it could be... but not to me...

to each, his own. There really are no right or wrong answers to any of this - Everybody makes their final decision based on the criteria that are most important to them...

I wouldn't need ERA's detailed assembly bible to put one of these cars together, so the extra shipping expense from CT would influence my personal decision more heavily than the value of the assembly manual.