View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by XY GTHO Ph III View Post
Does anyone have Exhaust Butterfly Valves on there Cobra. I ask as I want to drive my Cobra to work but I leave around 5:30am so with the Cobra being so loud I will become know to my neighbours as that prick that starts his car at 5:30am in the morning guy. I saw a product that Harley's have on there bikes where a butterfly valve is placed in the exhaust and when closed 90% off it quietens the exhaust sound dramatically and when you get out on the freeway you can open it up 100% and you have the sound and performance like it was not there. Anyway I want to put those on my Cobra to lessen the noise when I start up and get around the neighbourhood, Thanks
The system is referred to as 'Bimodal'. The Xforce 'Varex' servo-adjustable bimodal mufflers are what you want. That said, with the Cobra's limited undercar space, I am not sure which of their units would fit?

Varex Mufflers

There is also the issue of legality. Despite HSV and Aston Martin (that I know of) having factory fitted, ADR approved bimodal exhaust systems, apparently to add a bimodal muffler to a vehicle that never had it from new is illegal. I guess you could get the car engineered with it after fitting and that would comply?