View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintwerks View Post
The system is referred to as 'Bimodal'. The Xforce 'Varex' servo-adjustable bimodal mufflers are what you want. That said, with the Cobra's limited undercar space, I am not sure which of their units would fit?

Varex Mufflers

There is also the issue of legality. Despite HSV and Aston Martin (that I know of) having factory fitted, ADR approved bimodal exhaust systems, apparently to add a bimodal muffler to a vehicle that never had it from new is illegal. I guess you could get the car engineered with it after fitting and that would comply?
I had a look at the Varex a while ago too. The problem is their servo mechanism protrudes out the top a fair bit and where I wanted to put them under the Cobra floor, there just wasn't enough room.

I've seen a cobra at the Nationals that has the valve only option and diverts between a "loud" side non-mufflered exit and a "not so loud" rear mufflered exit.

cheers Gregg