View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

As I remember I took some plastic blister pack film and cut a strip as shim stock to wrap the outside of the bushing with to tighten it up. I'm not sure I could go around 360 degrees and kind of had to experiment to trim it to a length that I could still seat in the column. It seemed to work at first but my wheel seems to have a little more play in it now so I'm wondering if it worked it's way back out.

My turn signal switch is kind of touchy - it doesn't have much space between the canceling positions and I worked to get it as centered as I could. Still, sometimes just a minor steering correction as I approach a corner like moving into a turn lane will cancel it. Is that their problem?

I replaced mine a couple years ago after the original had some contact problems inside. It's a VW part and I doubt a new one will function much differently. Also it will probably arrive in some ugly green-gray color and have to be sprayed to match the column.

There are a couple pictures of the internals in this thread but I don't know if they will be of enough detail to see if you can make your own correction or improvement.

Anyone replace their turn signal switch?

Last edited by DanEC; 03-10-2017 at 07:43 AM..