View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Govt cracking down on 1965 cobras

I was chatting to a NSW rep this am who was telling me cobra owners who have their cars registered as a 1965 car and were made after 85 are being called into the RMS pits and being de-plated on the spot as they fail to comply to 2001.

Interesting that RMS have taken this on. Someone must have pee'd someone off but it makes genuine rego'd pre-85 cars (left or right hooker) a scarce commodity now indeed. Stef, Dons and Craigs and one or 2 more maybe?

Its going to make those that have their cars rego'd as 65's on historic plates or normal plates and not compliant a little nervous if they haven't been called in yet.

In hindsight Im glad I didn't proceed with buying Tony Denny's RCR GT40 that he has in his museum. As although it was imported and is registered as a 65, Im not sure how you could put any value on it now as its un-registerable unless you changed a lot of stuff.

Some are arguing that they brought it in, in good faith as a 65 as that whats it was rego'd as in the US, but you'd be a brave man to make that argument if you didn't pay the duty value representing the value of a 65 cobra. Cant have your cake and eat it too I suppose.

Perhaps bullet dodged?