Old 03-26-2017, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee D View Post
Hi all

I'm new to the club and seeking some advice on cobra kits within Australia.
My son and I are to embark on our first build together and would really appreciate as much feed back as possible on kit suppliers and quality ect.

We are based in WA and have a local kit supplier/builder here by the name of G-Force. We know nothing about there products and would welcome any feedback
Regarding there kits apposed to other kit suppliers in other states.
Obviously it would make perfect sense to stick with your local supplier as opposed to interstate suppliers for the obvious reasons but by the same token I would like to make the correct decision considering the large investment I will be putting into the project.

Thanks

Lee
Welcome Lee!

Here's wishing you and your son all the very best with this venture.

In Summary:

Your budget will dictate much of how this conversation goes, BUT, if I were in WA and in your shoes, I'd certainly consider a G-force and start with a visit there.

Depending on what your looking to achieve Factory Five Racing (aka FFR, F5 etc) maybe a possible option. Factory five are by far the most sold kit in the US. Parts come shipped in boxes, you unwrap and bolt away. I believe Jethrow here on Clubcobra is in WA and built a FFR. He would be best placed to elaborate.
The level of completeness is subject to your bank balance. The more you pay, the more new bits. But they do have starter kits for the budget conscious who prefer to rummage through wrecking yards with a view to recycling parts to meet a budget. From my understanding the gent who is/was the representative in Aus is in Perth. I've not dealt with him personally, nor do I know him, but on the odd occasion he posts here, one gets the impression he may have a bit of a bee in his bonnet about something. I encourage you to drop investigate and make up your own mind.
PS: I'm not sure if this crew is still in business or if FFR are imported exclusively by this group. You may be able to bring in your own.
You'll need to do some due diligence here. Apologies I'm not in the know.
http://www.factoryfive.com/order-a-k...ers/australia/

Superformace is also an option if by build you mean "just" drop an engine in and sort the car accordingly. The car comes as a roller, which means its ready just waiting for an engine. BUT take that with a grain of salt, because, none of these cars come "Ready" and the word "JUST" can be misleading. eg: You just need to do the garden. 1. prune trees, 2. pull the weeds, 3. do edges 4. mow lawns, add fertilizer, add mulch etc, etc... None the less good starting point and a good example of a cobra.
LJ performance Sportscars. http://www.ljps.com.au/

Else there are a string of Aussie builders and suppliers who could accommodate.

Don't overlook the option of buying a used car and re-doing it to your tastes. Could save a lot of engineering and registration hassles. As well as have you on the road sooner for less.

Once again good luck with it and welcome to the fun.
Look forward to seeing it all come along.

Last edited by Dimis; 03-26-2017 at 08:31 PM..