Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By SydneyChris
  • 2 Post By Towmaster
  • 3 Post By Tenrocca
  • 1 Post By spookypt
  • 2 Post By Dimis

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2017, 10:14 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Kit Advice

Hi all

I'm new to the club and seeking some advice on cobra kits within Australia.
My son and I are to embark on our first build together and would really appreciate as much feed back as possible on kit suppliers and quality ect.

We are based in WA and have a local kit supplier/builder here by the name of G-Force. We know nothing about there products and would welcome any feedback
Regarding there kits apposed to other kit suppliers in other states.
Obviously it would make perfect sense to stick with your local supplier as opposed to interstate suppliers for the obvious reasons but by the same token I would like to make the correct decision considering the large investment I will be putting into the project.

Thanks

Lee
Old 03-26-2017, 01:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

there are a couple of recent threads where EVERYBODY has their 32c worth around all of the kits available.... short answer, there is no BEST.. just your ideal of engineering, speed, cost and performance. This is where I recommend you start developing your question, the answer for your will become self apparent..
ICCARS likes this.

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade
Old 03-26-2017, 01:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

The G Force product is good, tried and tested. Yes some donor parts are required. But compared to the experience I have just had with a well known QLD Supplier, stay local is my advice.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     

Does this reek of the same trouble making thread that was circulated not so long ago. Also supposedly came from WA??
I hope not!
Tonus72 and ICCARS like this.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

So cynical Ash....

I like the G-Force kit. It does use all reco'ed Jag parts, which are getting harder to find in decent condition but been around for a long time now. The body is a nice shape but a bit saggy in the arse.

I wouldn't discount a interstate kit if you get one from a reputable supplier with good feedback you should be right. I think I only made 2 extra trips into classic revival during my whole build process so proximity to you isnt that big a deal IMO. I think the Classic Revival is a really good choice at the moment. The new owner is doing good things and the chassis is a ripper.
albanycobra, gjkrv8 and Towmaster like this.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As the guys have stated above they all have good points and no group will give you the same answer. Do your research but PLEASE avoid asking for personal opinions on a public forum about what "kit is best". Its starts a %*it fight that most, if not all are totally over.

See attached
2015 List of Cobra/GT40/Daytona Manufacturers in OZ - Please add

Enjoy your research and keep us posted on your decision. We enjoy BUILD THREADS!
ICCARS likes this.

Last edited by spookypt; 03-26-2017 at 04:29 PM..
Old 03-26-2017, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

I wouldn't worry too much by not being in the same state as the kit supplier as long as they are good at answering the phone. Its amazing what you can achieve by emailing a couple of pics and then chatting over the phone.

Also make sure you join your local Cobra club and get some first hand views on things. You might also get wind of a kit under construction that needs some loving to finish that might suit your requirements. :-)

Lastly - visit your "top 2 or 3" kit manufacturers too and have a good look and chat to them.

cheers Gregg
Old 03-26-2017, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee D View Post
Hi all

I'm new to the club and seeking some advice on cobra kits within Australia.
My son and I are to embark on our first build together and would really appreciate as much feed back as possible on kit suppliers and quality ect.

We are based in WA and have a local kit supplier/builder here by the name of G-Force. We know nothing about there products and would welcome any feedback
Regarding there kits apposed to other kit suppliers in other states.
Obviously it would make perfect sense to stick with your local supplier as opposed to interstate suppliers for the obvious reasons but by the same token I would like to make the correct decision considering the large investment I will be putting into the project.

Thanks

Lee
Welcome Lee!

Here's wishing you and your son all the very best with this venture.

In Summary:

Your budget will dictate much of how this conversation goes, BUT, if I were in WA and in your shoes, I'd certainly consider a G-force and start with a visit there.

Depending on what your looking to achieve Factory Five Racing (aka FFR, F5 etc) maybe a possible option. Factory five are by far the most sold kit in the US. Parts come shipped in boxes, you unwrap and bolt away. I believe Jethrow here on Clubcobra is in WA and built a FFR. He would be best placed to elaborate.
The level of completeness is subject to your bank balance. The more you pay, the more new bits. But they do have starter kits for the budget conscious who prefer to rummage through wrecking yards with a view to recycling parts to meet a budget. From my understanding the gent who is/was the representative in Aus is in Perth. I've not dealt with him personally, nor do I know him, but on the odd occasion he posts here, one gets the impression he may have a bit of a bee in his bonnet about something. I encourage you to drop investigate and make up your own mind.
PS: I'm not sure if this crew is still in business or if FFR are imported exclusively by this group. You may be able to bring in your own.
You'll need to do some due diligence here. Apologies I'm not in the know.
http://www.factoryfive.com/order-a-k...ers/australia/

Superformace is also an option if by build you mean "just" drop an engine in and sort the car accordingly. The car comes as a roller, which means its ready just waiting for an engine. BUT take that with a grain of salt, because, none of these cars come "Ready" and the word "JUST" can be misleading. eg: You just need to do the garden. 1. prune trees, 2. pull the weeds, 3. do edges 4. mow lawns, add fertilizer, add mulch etc, etc... None the less good starting point and a good example of a cobra.
LJ performance Sportscars. http://www.ljps.com.au/

Else there are a string of Aussie builders and suppliers who could accommodate.

Don't overlook the option of buying a used car and re-doing it to your tastes. Could save a lot of engineering and registration hassles. As well as have you on the road sooner for less.

Once again good luck with it and welcome to the fun.
Look forward to seeing it all come along.
Cokey and ICCARS like this.

Last edited by Dimis; 03-26-2017 at 08:31 PM..
Old 03-27-2017, 01:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Lee

Welcome to the madness and as already said, do your research well and try to avoid rushing in, there are kits that aren't worth the heartache and there are a large number of quality kits to choose.

List the details you want from the kit, your budget, your build timeframe and work away with the suppliers on what they can offer.

Pace and it sounds like FFR are bolt together jigsaws, so easy and quick construction of parts and needing less engineering, so to speak, in needing to source and engineer suitable gear.

Have a look at my Slowy miracle thread for a potted history of the building of my G-Force.

I'd build another G-Force kit if there was a need but my comments now would include: Take the build manual as a guide, if it hasn't been modernised, some of the suggested gear can be improved, the cockpit is probably the most restrictive area on the G-Force to overcome for seating position and don't use the G-Force pedal box, it is heavy and agricultural.

Good luck with your research phase.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: