View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I drilled new holes as Bob described to resolve the sensitive cancellation issue and it works great. In the photo below, you can see the pins in the original holes (I had already removed them - they're just sitting in the opening of the holes for the photo) and the new holes I drilled. The holes are about 1/32 from the inside wall of the hub, so need to be drilled accurately. If you drill them further out from the inner wall, the pins would rub the inside of the turn signal housing.

In my earlier post, I also mentioned my turn signal switch had a "notchy" feeling for a left turn. In studying how the mechanism works, I noticed that one of the pins was oriented such that the open side of the pin would contact the canceling mechanism and am guessing that could very well be catching on the canceling mechanism and causing the notchy feeling. I didn't see anything wrong with the turn signal - it operated fine holding it by hand and the contacts weren't bent. So, I reassembled everything - being careful to orient the pins so the open side would not contact the mechanism. The notchy feeling is gone and the canceling works much better.

Last edited by kevins2; 04-16-2017 at 05:00 AM..