View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 06:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile I like fast guns, also

I love fast cars and I love fast guns.

Back in the early 90's I started buying machine guns. At the time they were cheap $450 to $800 plus the $200 tax stamp.

Federal building got blown up and other political stuff, plus ammo prices double in a few month and we stopped shooting.

In 2000 I started my Cobra build. As time moved on I build a shop on 8 acres of land in the county, seven miles from my house.

When we build the shop I need chirt for the foundation base. I ended up with a gravel pit about 60' wide and 50 yds deep. Perfect, I now how a place to shoot.

In the last few years I made improvement on the pit.

Last year about this time Colonel Mike brought two car / gun guys from Finland to shoot some of my guns.

Ammo prices dropped after the Election so I've bought a bunch this winter.

This pass winter I added some swinging targets on a post.
And a 10' x 20' tent so we can shoot in the shade.

Last week Coach brought his brother Chuck to shoot. Chuck is from Colorado and I don't think they can play like this out there. Coach paid for the ammo which cost about $150 an hour for a couple of hours. His brother said it was money well spend

I've posted a few video's of Chuck shooting some of my stuff on My Channel on You Tube.
BM 59, Thompson, 1919, MK 760, M 16 and a few others.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnl...Jy4gxXCu4SZ9YQ

Several of us are shooting more this year because of the lower ammo prices.

It nice to go shoot 3 or 4 boxes of 45 acp in the Thompson. Just love shooting that gun. I can not imagine carrying that gun all day with 10 30 rds stick mags. The mags feel like they weight 2 lbs each.

For me they are fun guns. Wish I had kept the four I sold to finance my Cobra. They are worth over $100,000 today.

Dwight