View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
Well, not only did I figure out a way to clean the pipes, this morning I discovered where the schmutz came from--I now have melted car cover on both sides. I was able to scrape most of it off, but will be back at it tonight with steel wool and heat.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent car cover that has heat-resistant material on the rocker panel areas? I called California Car Cover and they will make a cover, send it to me to mark-up, then I need to send it back to them to add the heat-resistant material. Seems like a lot of work, especially when Harley Davidson covers come with heat-resistant material in the pipe area.
First of all I would not cover the car after a drive, I would let it coll off over night before covering it. IN the past a plastic bag on the road got stuck to my side pipes and it was a bear to clean off the ceramic coating. I used the flitz and a slow buffering dremmel tool wheel and it all came off. remember that the ceramic coating withstands a lot of heat . I don't think flitz would damage the finish. IMHO.