View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR with 302
Not Ranked     
Default Middle aged Newbie...where to find a rear exhaust car?

Well,

I've been a member of the forum for 5 years reading up on everyones stories, builds, problems, accolades, etc, etc.....with every intention of one day buying my first replica. But, sometimes reading some of this is like learning a new language. I would classify myself as a driver with minimal mechanical skill, but a true classic car enthusiast.

I currently own a 1968 Porsche and sadly my 1967 Firebird convertible was destroyed by fire just last week. I heard from my insurance company today and they are sending out the check, so I will now have some funds to make this a reality.

I'm not a racer, and I don't need the biggest engine available or horsepower. I truly would love a 289 car with rear exhaust...or another replica that had rear exhaust. I don't think I can afford the 289 (but who knows) and every single car I've looked at online has side exhaust. I like the side exhaust but concerned for future passengers and calf burns.

Where would you start looking for dealer built cars with the above specs? or does that even exist. I know the cobra is a racer but as I get older my driving gets a tad slower. I know, your thinking then why get a cobra? Because I love them, and have always wanted one. I know they rattle, stink, are loud, stupid fast, etc, etc, but I would love to at least give it a try.

Any help in direction would be great.

Looking for a used car by the way not a new build.

Thanks all.

Randy