View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
When I built my shed I made it perfectly level. Then after it rained, the water wouldn't run down the gutters. It was to level.
JD
If it's up to me to get things square and level, there's every chance that there will be a little bit of "character" built into it. Perfection is over-rated

I asked my mate about building a bit of fall into the slab so I could hose it out and not have to sweep it. He didn't want to play that game.

Actually, related to that... what sort of gap have you guys built in between the slab and the wall sheeting? I want enough gap to be able to hose/sweep stuff to hit the wall and drop down beside the slab, but I don't want such a gap that it will blow the wind up and into the shed from there.

Spook - the owner of the steel processing business who is helping to build the shed never does things by halves. He's the guy who bought the 800 cubic inch motor for his street car. He's now building a 1500hp tubbed Chevy Nova for the street. He processes steel that's infinitely larger than what I'm playing with, so it must feeling like assembling a match stick house for him. I've let him run with it and I know that where I'm paying extra for the over-engineering, I'm not paying too much because he's a really good mate.

We were about 7m in the air on the scissor lift on the weekend, looking out to Mt Tamborine and we started talking about building a cantilevered balcony off the mezzanine floor. Seems like a nice spot to wind down on a Sunday arvo.

For now the, the focus is on prepping the pad for the slab. Hopefully all boxed up this weekend and it's a concrete party the following weekend.