Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2017, 11:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Woodie

Mr Mikanos,

Is that a wooden trailer I see???????

Maybe you need a woodie as a tow car.......

Stiffy
boxhead and Modena like this.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Some really good points Spook. I'm fitting a roller door on the downwind side of the shed. The roller door won't lead to anywhere, but it will give me natural light to the work bench and it will get that airflow.
A bushfire raging through here would be a wild sight! The back 4 acres is untouched natural and heavily treed bushland, and it all heads up to me - and the shed - on the crest. I have 3x36000 litre water tanks in an emergency, but I'd probably look at plumbing a petrol powered pump into the new tank I'm getting for the shed to keep it close by.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Serpnt, that's a killer shed and car combo. Keep that theme going; add a GT40 and Pantera and the collection will be complete!
Old 06-08-2017, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Make sure your tanks aren't plastic and have a fire hose outlet on the tanks so the rural fire guys can access it directly into their trucks.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

This is what I am doing when we move to Mount Gambier.
Love the setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpnt View Post
I went through the same dilemma of extending the garage and adding a hoist but then I thought no, lest do it properly and buy a factory with room to expand.

So in April I took possession of my 230 sq M man cave and have been slowly setting it up. It now has two hoists, holds my 4 sports cars, trailers, all my tools and I still have plenty of room for more cars..........should I ever win tatts as the misses has firmly said, no more cars.

if I have this right ill add some photos
mate likes this.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Make sure your tanks aren't plastic and have a fire hose outlet on the tanks so the rural fire guys can access it directly into their trucks.
I think you will find plastic tanks are fine.
We make fire tanks all the time.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Check out "Garage Journal Forums" That is very entertaining.. especially the gallery.
For fire protection..a bloke on the central coast survived a fire storm by having a sprinkler system on his shed roof. It made a heavy mist cloud over the building. Cooling and putting out any flying embers. He also had plugs for the guttering down pipes so they filled with water.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Another day, another new machine arrives. With a few bags of cement going in to each hole yesterday to make a stable and level base for the columns, today was the day the steel arrived along with a good sized forklift. On a separate delivery was the biggest forklift I've ever seen. Tomorrow the scissor lift will turn up.

Everything is coming from a workshop over an hour away, so the return trips, loading and unloading took up a lot of the day. Tools and steel are now laid out and ready to get serious tomorrow. Shame it's due to rain, but I only have the mega-forklift for a short time so we'll be out there rain, hail or shine.

Oh, and that blue magnet at the bottom of the last photo has made it so easy to manoeuvre individual beams. Such a time saver rather than having to strap or chain everything!
Gav likes this.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Look awesome Craig and hope the rain did not impact to much.

Look at the size of those beams.... Can't wait to see this constructed.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: venom motorsports /ls1 auto
Not Ranked     

so a shed run may be on the card when finished
& a tour of the new place too
Old 06-10-2017, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The scissor lift arrived today, but so has a few inches of rain. Bugger! The smaller machinery is getting bogged and it's not a safe or fun option to try to work in the pouring rain and on the increasingly soft site. There goes about $1000 worth of machinery hire down the drain...

It is great to see at least the first frame sitting in the hole, as I can now start to get an appreciation for the scale of the shed. It was a very frustrating day, but also really pleasing to start to see what the shed size is going to look like.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Geeze mate, of all the weeks to have non stop rain, after months of fine dry ground hardening weather.

Hope things clear up, dry out and you can get underway again.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Another week of unseasonal rain and we started the weekend drawing away excess water and mud in the holes with a vacuum cleaner. I headed for the skies to see things from a different angle.

...and then the sun came out.

Shame it hadn't dried the ground enough. We still managed to get the forklift and scissor lift bogged again.

I can't tell you how happy I am to get the frame up. Dad (Donunder) spent the entire weekend here helping out. I had originally hoped that he could spend 2 or 3 hours just helping to guide the columns into the holes. It turned into an entire weekend of manual labour that would have been better suited to a 20 year old tradie. Dad was bloody brilliant, and while young at heart, was doing things I shouldn't have expected a someone to be doing at 70+ years old. Huge effort Dad - thanks a million!

Aussie Mike, deano59, guye and 9 others like this.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Council chambers, eastern office.

That is freeking huge (that's what she said!)
Old 06-20-2017, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Looks like a new Bunnings store going up.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: venom motorsports /ls1 auto
Not Ranked     

I bag a room with a view please
Old 06-27-2017, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What's a new weekend without a new machine on the site! The 4WD scissor lift made it very easy to move around the pad, even where it was slightly damp.

Every minute of daylight on the weekend was spent measuring lengths, levels and angles. Another lesson I've learnt is that I should have been at home to supervise the holes being drilled, and I should have drilled 600mm holes. The 450mm holes proved to be too tight for the 310mm columns when factoring in a bit of misalignment in the holes. Nothing that a bit of work with a crowbar couldn't resolve, but for the sake of a bit of extra money for additional concrete in the hole it would have saved some time and physical effort.

It was really satisfying to loosely bolt the frames and top hats together, and to see the way everything pulled into alignment as we tweaked and tapped things around. By "tweak", sometimes that meant to push a top hat a millimetre to the side and sometimes it meant swinging a sledgehammer to move a seemingly immovable object.

Coming up the hill, the shed is taking shape nicely with the frame squared up and all top hats in place, and it looks pretty imposing against the leafy backdrop:

...but if you continue along up the driveway and look back down to the shed, it doesn't stand out like dogs balls.

Aussie Mike, Gav, schipps and 1 others like this.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

When I built my shed I made it perfectly level. Then after it rained, the water wouldn't run down the gutters. It was to level.
JD
Old 06-27-2017, 09:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

THE BEST THING about your shed Craig is there no need for internal columns! I was too tight fisted to spec up the steel on mine. Never again!
Old 06-27-2017, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
When I built my shed I made it perfectly level. Then after it rained, the water wouldn't run down the gutters. It was to level.
JD
Interesting point JD.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: