View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 01:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     
Default AWD ICCARS Cobra

Well finally after almost 10 years of design, engineering & planning I have managed to start my very own personal AC Cobra build project which by all accounts is something a little different to the standard Cobra's that we build here at ICCARS.
Due to some down time on our customers cars I thought I would start my chassis for my AWD Cobra, as this is a fully customised chassis that I am building from my plans and designs that have been amended over and over and over again to get what I believe is a very robust and reliable build which will incorporate a drive system for the rear & front wheels (70/30 power split respectively)
Due to using donor parts I have literally only spent three days on this build and by next week (once I receive other steel profile cut bits) I will have the whole thing rolling and ready to build the body supports as per our std design, so the process of building this Cobra can be sped up by virtue of the fact that I have all of the suspension, steering system, brakes and lines etc etc ready to go.. The body will require customising also to compensate for the wheel track of the Audi, so a split body will need to be made in the order of around 150mm wider - should sit nice and wide on the road.
The wheel package will be 295x35x17's Rear & 255x40x17's front which will provide a 0.4% wheel size difference (3% is the maximum variation in rolling diameter before it starts to mess with the traction control)
This is an Audi 4.2L v8 that I intend to run a single turbo on and only activate one side pipe and dummy the other - that's my initial though process but that may change in time. lol
I am not at liberty to discuss the drive design aspect for the front wheels as I have to go through the patent process in due coarse to protect my IP on this part of the build, however I am happy to discuss the other aspects should there be any interest.
Hope you like the build thread now that I have actually started!!!
Attached Images

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net

Last edited by ICCARS; 07-01-2017 at 03:25 AM..