View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     
Default regretts, what would you now do differently with your replica?

I bought a finished car in 99. It was built to compete in a hill climb. It is ablast to drive but not verry conveint to drive. If I were to build it myself I would have made other choices. I held Everett Morrison in high regards, They are now out of business. Dual Fours are air cleaner challenged., under my hood, a single four would probably worked better. It has a Dove 2 x4 Tunnel Wedge intake manifold , Too close to this hood. Even 16" PSE wheels don't allow for much more front brake rotor, but they look great. No power brakes, no power steering have been desired, difficult to squirl into parking spots. The windsheild was layed back from original angle, making a convertable top and side curtains really hard to do, you can't begin to secure the car out in public. Ive driven the car in the rain before, go like hell and lean down and to the center, but plan on getting wet. I installed a heater defroster but have managed to keep my hands warm with heat coming up aroubd the shifter. With another car manufacturer I may have had more body height allowing for more air cleaner room and maybe being able to install the engine at atleast with some angle letting a production intake manifold to get the carbruetors to be closser to level. I did this, I ceramic coated the intake manifold inside and out. Makes for hard starting espcelally if its really cold, Works great once the engine is up tp temperature. I above all wish I hadn't gotten so old. This would have been and was so much more fun.