View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNFER2 View Post
Brent, I've heard that FE's are harder to select a proper cam, without giving your secret's, please explain that situation and what is best to get it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
No thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
Interpretation / conclusion: Brent has grown tired of FUNFER2's endless questions (with no apparent end in sight) under the guise of 'research'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
While I'm sure Brent is (or can be) tired of tire kickers, my take away was that he didn't want to invite all the online "experts" who might have something to say about his expertise.

Answering that question could be begging for attention from the peanut gallery.

The operation of an internal combustion engine is 100% science (the laws of physics regulate everything that takes place inside there)....

However- Building engines (especially high performance engines) requires the skill of a studied and experienced artist, not a lab-coat wearing Poindexter-

If you were to spend $500 in a luxury restaurant, eating the finest gourmet meal you have ever tasted, it would show extremely poor taste too:

1) Ask the chef for his recipes.
2) Assume that your could EVER take those recipes home, and re-create that same meal all over again.

There is a matter of etiquette at play in both the novice's original question, and the master's well-reasoned response... I get where Brent is coming from