View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 02:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Fresh 427 S/O
Not Ranked     
Default Hello!

Hello everyone! Newbie here.
After seeing an original Cobra nearly 50 years ago (a "rich guy" owned one down the street), I thought someday I'm gonna own one of those. Throughout my younger years, I've owned a '64 Falcon Sprint, '67 Mustang Fastback (w/pro-built 429 SCJ), '70 Torino GT to name just a few. Fortunately, 3 months ago, that "someday" has finally arrived. I am now the proud owner of a sweet Unique 427 Cobra replica. It's powered by a 427 Side-Oiler, backed by a close ratio Toploader 4-speed and a Jaguar 3:73 rear end. A few days after I purchased it, a guy down the road stopped to check it out and said he and a small group of friends travel together to car shows and invited me to join them. Well, at the first show I attended with them, the Cobra won the judge's choice award! We went to the last few shows and cruise-ins of the season here in PA. and I've met many great people. Unfortunately, winter has arrived and now the Cobra sits in my garage patiently awaiting spring. I'm just hoping I can wait that long!