Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Seagull81

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2017, 02:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Fresh 427 S/O
Not Ranked     
Default Hello!

Hello everyone! Newbie here.
After seeing an original Cobra nearly 50 years ago (a "rich guy" owned one down the street), I thought someday I'm gonna own one of those. Throughout my younger years, I've owned a '64 Falcon Sprint, '67 Mustang Fastback (w/pro-built 429 SCJ), '70 Torino GT to name just a few. Fortunately, 3 months ago, that "someday" has finally arrived. I am now the proud owner of a sweet Unique 427 Cobra replica. It's powered by a 427 Side-Oiler, backed by a close ratio Toploader 4-speed and a Jaguar 3:73 rear end. A few days after I purchased it, a guy down the road stopped to check it out and said he and a small group of friends travel together to car shows and invited me to join them. Well, at the first show I attended with them, the Cobra won the judge's choice award! We went to the last few shows and cruise-ins of the season here in PA. and I've met many great people. Unfortunately, winter has arrived and now the Cobra sits in my garage patiently awaiting spring. I'm just hoping I can wait that long!
Old 12-18-2017, 03:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on finally getting your dream car and also on winning at the show. Winter is a pain so far as driving goes but you will have many happy days ahead next Summer.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-18-2017, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Welcome and congrats.
Best you post a few more times (there’s a post minimum before you can post pics), so that you can share this cobra of yours in all its glory.
Sounds like a nice acquisition.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Welcome and congratulations! Post some pics when you can so people can be reminded what a beautiful and accurate looking Cobra Unique Motorcars produces.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 12-18-2017, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Welcome aboard and it was nice that you could get the car out a few times before having to put her away for the winter. Respond to a few posts and soon enough you wile able to post pictures so that we can enjoy.

Jim
Old 12-18-2017, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Congratulations - sounds like a great Cobra!
Old 12-18-2017, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the forum.
RB60, great story, but no pictures, it didn't happen. Come on share.
cycleguy55 likes this.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 12-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft can’t bra 351w 427
Not Ranked     

I’ just bought a brand new 2017 backdraft Shelby cobra in CO. The car is set up to higher altitudes above sea level, when the car delivered in Cali. The car giving me a hard time to start in cold start, the dealership said I need to re Jett the carb, anyone knows where I can bring my baby or any suggestions, thank you and I appreciate, I live in the valley 91605.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

First congratulations on the Cobra. And where you live you should have a good selection of places that can do the job for you. Talk to some of your local Cobra owners and I am sure they can tell you the better places to have work done.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstardust44 View Post
I’ just bought a brand new 2017 backdraft Shelby cobra in CO. The car is set up to higher altitudes above sea level, when the car delivered in Cali. The car giving me a hard time to start in cold start, the dealership said I need to re Jett the carb, anyone knows where I can bring my baby or any suggestions, thank you and I appreciate, I live in the valley 91605.

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-19-2017, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2144 with a Roush 342R (sold June 2018, but still lurking on Club Cobra)
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on your purchase of the cobra! I'm sure it's a day you won't soon forget. Sorry you only got to briefly enjoy it before winter set in. I'm sure you'll closely follow the weather forecasts for the arrival of spring. As a "head's up", now is a great time to familiarize yourself with your car. The more you can learn about it, the better. The folks on t his forum are awesome sources of knowledge and are happy to share. Don't be a stranger. And welcome!