View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcowan View Post
Have you driven it yet? I would leave it alone for now. Sometimes driving an auto is fun. I wouldn't intentionally build a three speed auto. But since you already have it, drive it around for a while and have some fun. Especially if it has a fun shifter to play with when you want to.
I have driven it a little. It had a couple things I needed to fix that were just not done to my liking but it was able to be driven. The gas and brake were so far apart that I literally needed to drive with both feet. That has been corrected along with a couple of other issues. I plan on driving it while I gather the bellhousing and flywheel but didn't really like the auto much at all. It may still be in the car for the TCC meet but will be out and replaced as soon as I can timewise and moneywise swing it. That should be a 1 day project except for the drive shaft that I will have to get made.

I think from the comments it confirms what I was going to do and that's leave the 460 in the car and just swap out the transmission.