Thread: 427 FE question
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #294 , Center Oiler FE
Not Ranked     
Default 427 FE question

I’m purchasing a Cobra that has a 427 installed. These are the build specs from the mid 90s. Cobra has under 8k miles. 427 high rise block ( side bolts , pressed in freeze plugs ), High rise heads,7 angle valve job,dual plane high rise manifold with 850 double pumper annular carb. Cloyes roller chain , Crower chromoly pushrods and solid lifters , comp cams roller rockers , performance camshaft (make unknown), Arias custom 427 pistons with 10.4 compression and 4.25 bore. Also has lemans rods & ARP bolts with 428 crank externally balanced. Clevite bearings with ferret comp stainless valves , isky valve springs , Manly spring retainers and locks , Aviad road race baffled oil pan, with McLeod aluminum flywheel and Hayes 11 inch clutch and pressure plate. - my question is should the lack of screw in plugs be an issue ? Could it be a service or truck block ? Could it be a center oilers drilled for side bolts ? I’m going to take a ‘flyer ‘ on the car and sell my Unique. Any ideas about the motor. Thanks and SORRY FOR THE LONG POST !