View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #1589, VMS 427Ev2FI
Not Ranked     

I took delivery of a BDR finished by Vintage Motorsports in CT back in Sept so don’t have a lot of seat time yet (tough in Boston winter) but I chose BDR for a few reasons:
1) I fit in it. The 2” wider and longer meant I could drive the car comfortably versus FFR. Having test driven a few of those I had actually started looking at Corvettes afraid my life long dream car wasn’t to be until I met Brian from VMS at a show and sat in on each of their BDRs and could actually shift the clutch without smashing my knee on the door. Dream saved.

2) didn’t want to buy something built in a personal garage and certainly didn’t want to drive something with this much power that I had attempted to build myself. Liked BDRs factory prep (build quality/paint/interior all extremely nice) and VMS’ stellar reputation here and elsewhere for quality motors and assembly

3) motor package in mine is the VMS 427 with EFI. I have an old Jeep with a carb and didn’t want to deal with one on this car. I wanted it to be a 427 to be true to the badge even if not the original BB. It runs great and 535 HP is plenty enough for me. Not sure how those with 700+ keep it on the road.

As others have said go sit in a few to see if you’re willing to trade the slightly off dimensions of a BDR for the comfort. For me it was the only option. Good luck!