View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 01:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone put a turbo in their CR? 5k max budget

I am coming up on unpacking Big Red for the season and want to add a kick in the pants without putting a new engine in which I have planned for next season a stroked 427 clevor at $13k plus. I am near Denver 5280 elevation

Currently have a 351w with edlebrock heads #6025 170cc 2.02 intake, holley 540 avenger I know I need to change this, performer rpm cam#7182, straight exhaust glass packs.

Dont want nitrous and want to spend as little as possible and put it in over a 4 day weekend. Need to clear hood which has more room than normal since I dropped engine position when putting in new suspension.

Engine has around 450 hp now but want to achieve 550 to 600 plus.

Considered supercharger centrifugal or roots vain.
Figured roots vain because dont have to deal with intercooler and want low end power but not sure which unit will do this on a carborated engine. Weiand, or can a whipple charger work? 3k to 4k on this ?

Which is why I am asking about turbo chargers. Amazon has chicon packages with twin chargers at $1000 that claim 200 hp plus. Ive watched all the videos I could but worry that this wont fit under the hood, modifying headers or its going to create so much heat that car will be in perpetual heat soak.

Has anyone installed this?
Thanks for any input.