Thread: New owner
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

If you've ever had the pleasure of driving on icy roads, that is what a high-powered, 90 inch wheelbase car with manual brakes can be like on the street. Great advice above - get to know the car and its manners intimately in a safe environment before attempting to drive it anywhere near hard on the street.
Contrary to mythology, a well set up Cobra actually rides and handles quite nicely once a driver knows exactly what he's dealing with. If you've owned and driven muscle cars before, this is nothing like them. You need to anticipate what the rear end is going to want to do every time you feed it some gas, and know how to keep it in line before it gets out of shape.
Definitely (especially early on) resist the urge to show the Japanese and German tuner cars where it's at on the open road, because they will all want to challenge you. Have fun and enjoy!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...