Old 05-21-2018, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Hi Tom....another Tom here.

My car is a VSE which is built like a race car with nothing more than ignition and lights electrically, and really nothing much for streetability. If it can be registered and driven in CA (it was) surely others cannot be too bad.

Cheers!

Tom
Yeah... many years ago when I was deep into this hobby it seemed as if the SB100 numbers were all being snatched up by noon on the first business day of every calendar year. I now read that the initial flood has subsided and they are mostly available at any time. I’d like to believe that is the case, but will certainly do some more checking. Being able to bring a car in from out of state definitely opens up my options. Ten years ago my only hope was to buy a current SB100 car. Now....

I’m still very early in the shopping phase, but I am leaning toward either an ERA or Superformance. Back in the day the FFR cars looked very out-of-proportion and I wasn’t a fan of their hinge setup. But it looks like even they make a more accurate looking car now and they certainly do have nice frames.

Too many decisions. But that’s why I’m back here. I learned so much here in the past. I’m slowly slogging through all I’ve missed in the past decade.

Last edited by any4xx; 05-21-2018 at 05:43 PM..