Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By any4xx
  • 1 Post By Ron61
  • 1 Post By Fozzie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2018, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default (RE) introduction from Central CA

Hey folks,

Once upon a time I was somewhat active here, but I’ve been gone for about ten years so I figure a reintroduction is in order.

About fifteen years ago I bought a Shell Valley and enjoyed it for maybe five years before selling it. I bought an early Hurricane (1042) and put it together, but ended up selling it before it was 100%. I faded away and have since moved a few times.

I started life here on the central CA coast, moved to the Kansas City area, backtracked to Albuquerque, and am now back on the left coast in the same town I was born. The plan, however, is to move to Tucson in a couple of years.

I’ve been through a few other toy cars since selling the last Cobra, but I’m leaning in that direction again so I wanted to start lurking here again.

I’m anticipating that I’ll buy a completed car this time. While I really enjoyed the build process on my last one, I’m just getting too old for that nonsense again. I want to drop my butt into a car and play. Wrenching is not as fun for me as it used to be. Options are certainly limited since CA is a nuisance for registering kits, so I may have to wait for the move to AZ. Only time will tell.

In the interim, I look forward to lurking, and possibly participating a bit here.

Nice to re-meet you all,
Tom.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Welcome back!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 05-20-2018, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Welcome back!
Thanks! Feels good to be back in the market. I forgot just how much I loved/hated these things!
Buzz and Ron61 like this.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:38 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Welcome back Tom from another Tom, a first time owner, that took 53 years to get here. But better late then never.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Hi Tom....another Tom here.

My car is a VSE which is built like a race car with nothing more than ignition and lights electrically, and really nothing much for streetability. If it can be registered and driven in CA (it was) surely others cannot be too bad.

Cheers!

Tom
Old 05-21-2018, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Hi Tom....another Tom here.

My car is a VSE which is built like a race car with nothing more than ignition and lights electrically, and really nothing much for streetability. If it can be registered and driven in CA (it was) surely others cannot be too bad.

Cheers!

Tom
Yeah... many years ago when I was deep into this hobby it seemed as if the SB100 numbers were all being snatched up by noon on the first business day of every calendar year. I now read that the initial flood has subsided and they are mostly available at any time. I’d like to believe that is the case, but will certainly do some more checking. Being able to bring a car in from out of state definitely opens up my options. Ten years ago my only hope was to buy a current SB100 car. Now....

I’m still very early in the shopping phase, but I am leaning toward either an ERA or Superformance. Back in the day the FFR cars looked very out-of-proportion and I wasn’t a fan of their hinge setup. But it looks like even they make a more accurate looking car now and they certainly do have nice frames.

Too many decisions. But that’s why I’m back here. I learned so much here in the past. I’m slowly slogging through all I’ve missed in the past decade.

Last edited by any4xx; 05-21-2018 at 05:43 PM..
Old 05-21-2018, 05:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Welcome back and the SB-100 numbers aren't going nearly as fast as they used to these days. Just be sure and check which DMV you want to use as some of them are not helpful at all. The one we have up here won't even try to help you get a number so most people go to one in the Bay Area or Sacramento for that. Good luck and I hope that yo find what you want soon.

Ron
any4xx likes this.

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-21-2018, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 427 SC
Not Ranked     

Welcome back to the fray! I hear once your bitten by the Cobra bug there's no cure...lol! I will admit, nothing compares to the sound of side pipes ringing in your ears!

Marc
any4xx likes this.