View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Mid Ohio

Well, it has been an interesting weekend so far at Mid Ohio. Met some real nice people and a lot of cobra owners, and some people here for the London Cobra Show stopped by. Had four good sessions weather wise on Thursday. Interesting track, a real nice back straight, probably hit 140 on my best run there, that ends into a tight right hander and then through a series of esses. Met a good guy with a 240 Z who was paddocked next to me and had raced here many times. We did a track walk and he pointed out the dry line and the wet line. At Mid Ohio they use a sealer on the dry line to enhance grip, and it is like glass when wet. The night we talked the track it had rained earlier and you could feel the difference with your shoe between the sealed area and the regular pavement.

Friday rained most of the day and sessions were delayed and shortened. Saturday was supposed to be nice and we were out at 8 am for a qualifier, it rained for 45 minutes prior to the qualifier. The track was wet when we went out and all I had were my Hoosier Street TD's. Unfortunately my wife forgot to turn the go pro on, so I have no video, but for those of you that were thinking you could run Hoosiers on the street, forget it. After the green flag I ran the wet line and after turn two on the back straight in second gear with a mild application of throttle I did a 360, kept it on the track. From there on out it was the same, any more than a slight throttle input would break the rear end loose. People with rain tires were having a difficult go of it.

Things dried up and we were set to run a race after lunch and the skies opened up and i kept in. One race of fighting to keep the car on the track and driving slow was enough for me. It rained through half the race. Tomorrow looks better and I may try to run the 60 minute enduro. Will hopefully have some video to post after i get home.

Met a guy racing a C-4 Corvette that has built two Superformance cars. Let his grandson sit in mine and have his picture taken.

Jim

Last edited by 1795; 06-23-2018 at 05:19 PM..