View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonw66 View Post
Hi all, The 302 Cleveland I have in my cobra is quite worn out and tired so it needs a refresh. Rebuilding seems like it will be the most expensive option and my mechanic said that he would get a 351 Cleveland crate engine.
My question to all is what is the best place to get a crate engine?somehwere in NSW would be preferred but anywhere is ok.
I have a budget of around $5k
I notice you said 302 Cleveland. Dang I used to trust my memory, but that gets me into trouble. I believe that down under, Ford de-stroked the 351 C to make a 302. Sounds like that is what you have. All you should have to do is drop a 351 C rotating assembly into your block and you would have a 351 C. But why stop their? For the same money I believe you can stroke a C out to about 400 cubic inches, give or take. In the US that would run about $1200 - $1500. That would include rings and bearings. You would need a gasket set.

If you have good heads now, maybe a valve job, and seals. New guides at worst. If not, you have local access to some of the best heads in the world. I think CHI, hope that is right.

I hope this is useful to you.

BTW in the US you are not going to get much power for a $5K crate engine.

Last edited by olddog; 09-14-2018 at 01:02 PM..