View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog View Post
I notice you said 302 Cleveland. Dang I used to trust my memory, but that gets me into trouble. I believe that down under, Ford de-stroked the 351 C to make a 302. Sounds like that is what you have. All you should have to do is drop a 351 C rotating assembly into your block and you would have a 351 C. But why stop their? For the same money I believe you can stroke a C out to about 400 cubic inches, give or take. In the US that would run about $1200 - $1500. That would include rings and bearings. You would need a gasket set.

If you have good heads now, maybe a valve job, and seals. New guides at worst. If not, you have local access to some of the best heads in the world. I think CCI, hope that is right.

I hope this is useful to you.

BTW in the US you are not going to get much power for a $5K crate engine.

Interesting thread here on converting a 302C to a 351C:

https://www.aussiev8.com.au/ford-v8s...cleveland.html

"...you can convert a 302 to a 351 very simply. The blocks are the same. The only thing you really need to change is the crank and rods if you want but the rods are not necessary. We have a special pin height piston which uses the 302 rod with the 351 crank and so may save you a few bucks there."