View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA kit on order
Not Ranked     

Troy, yes, it's me, Don. I couldn't decide what I wanted to use for a handle so I just used a nickname from a past life as a Marine that I thought sounded somewhat cool at the time. You're absolutely correct about my finished product goal looking nearly identical to yours. The only way to tell then apart will probably be my lack of carpet and I'll need to split the trunk lid so I can a run a LeMans top.

I do definatly want a period correct look and feel to the car, if that makes sense. Is there anything you can think of that is a must order now item as far as being a faithful period looking car? I know the 17" PS wheels you sold me aren't exactly period but they're more for being able to find cheap trackable rubber, I'll run 15" FIAs on the street.

I've been having trouble deciding between vinyl and leather. Obviously vinyl is cheaper but leather would be correct. Is it noticable?

I like the idea on running without paint for a couple of seasons. That'll get me on the road a lit quicker. Seeing most ERA cars are painted after bonding there probably wouldn't be a lot of added struggle to paint it after it's a running car anyway.